What's new
What's new

OT- wtf happened with osb?

tnmgcarbide

Diamond
went to buy some 7/16 . $33.48 w/tax ? why is it that the price more than doubled overnight for a
recycled product . is there a sudden dearth of sawdust and animal urine ....... something i would think
are very abundant .

get ready for $5 a gal gas its coming along with a lot of new voters from the south if its free they will take three

urea-formaldehyde and woodchips. piss and sawdust. ummv.

urea-formaldehyde (OSB type 1, nonstructural, nonwaterproof); isocyanate-based glue (or PMDI poly-methylene diphenyl diisocyanate based) in inner regions with melamine-urea-formaldehyde or phenol formaldehyde resin glues at surface (OSB type 2, structural, water resistant on face); phenol formaldehyde resin throughout (OSB types 3 and 4, structural, for use in damp and outside environments).[4]

The layers are created by shredding the wood into strips, which are sifted and then oriented on a belt or wire cauls. The mat is made in a forming line. Wood strips on the external layers are aligned to the panel's strength axis, while internal layers are perpendicular. The number of layers placed is determined partly by the thickness of the panel, but is limited by the equipment installed at the manufacturing site. Individual layers can also vary in thickness to give different finished panel thicknesses (typically, a 15 cm (5.9 in) layer will produce a 15 mm (0.59 in) panel thickness[citation needed]). The mat is placed in a thermal press to compress the flakes and bond them by heat activation and curing of the resin that has been coated on the flakes. Individual panels are then cut from the mats into finished sizes. Most of the world's OSB is made in the United States and

Urea serves an important role in the metabolism of nitrogen-containing compounds by animals and is the main nitrogen-containing substance in the urine of mammals. It is a colorless, odorless solid, highly soluble in water, and practically non-toxic (LD50 is 15 g/kg for rats).[5] Dissolved in water, it is neither acidic nor alkaline. The body uses it in many processes,

Serious Q, .how does whoever's elected POTUS, affect the world price of oil.

Canceled drilling on gov. land. Shut down pipeline. Green new deal policy's. Anti fracking policy's. Oil producers and retailers know Gov anti oil policy's will hurt production and increase costs = higher prices at retail. Pre election gasoline at local stations, about 1.90 / gal, I payed 2.80 yesterday. 55.00 to fill my truck 3x a week.

Could we negotiate that down to a severe pinch?

For you Miss Millie-Malice? No negotiation required.

Just a reversal to the sequence.

You won't accept the least trace of logic whilst you yet draw breath anyway.

Nary a place left to attach or store it since DJT took the usual "TDS" permanent free lease on the Zeppelin hangar and three golf resorts inside your head.

:D

If OSB doesn't contain urine, I'm gonna be pretty pissed.

How does anyone alive not understand how a President can/does affect the price of oil?

When the senile bag of bones in office finally gets a complete sentence is "we're gonna get rid of oil, because oil pollutes!" how can that not have an effect? If you were an investor with a few billion to spare, would you run out and invest in the oil business, or would you choose instead to invest in the future - dresses with pouches in front for the transsexuals, free condoms and needles, and the less white Coca Cola?

"wood chips" means "virgin chipped to specification" not scrap chips/sawdust/hog waste.

OSB means "oriented" and the chips are, in the laying process.

The glue is Urea, made from feedstock NOT involving cows.

"is there a sudden dearth of sawdust and animal urine ....... something i would think
are very abundant ."
I'm sure you can find plenty locally, why not set up to roll your own ?
Offer a lower cost alternative, even label it "green"....:D

Canceled drilling on gov. land. Shut down pipeline. Green new deal policy's. Anti fracking policy's. Oil producers and retailers know Gov anti oil policy's will hurt production and increase costs = higher prices at retail. Pre election gasoline at local stations, about 1.90 / gal, I payed 2.80 yesterday. 55.00 to fill my truck 3x a week.

Crude is a global commodity which has a price basis controlled by those who are swing producers.
The US is NOT in that club and never will be.

Crude has been in a rally since April 2020- EIA predictions are calling a tighter market for the next decade.
I'd get used to higher at the pump prices and stop counting on who holds office in the US having much say in how high those prices go.

Serious Q, .how does whoever's elected POTUS, affect the world price of oil.

Dont mean to get too personal with you .......
Unfortunately many here in the states either dont understand it either or didnt care.
Reminds me of the pic I saw of a bunch of greenies a cpl years ago off the left coast of the U.S. protesting the use of oil by surrounding a tanker ship in their plastic / fiberglass canoes and kayaks......:scratchchin:

Back