What's new
What's new

Friction comp for Daewoo cnc mill fanuc controller

cgrim3

Cast Iron
Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you know how to apply friction comp for a Daewoo 3016 3 axis mill? I never knew such a thing existed until a couple weeks ago. A guy I know said he adjusts friction comp on his Haas depending on how much weight is on the table (ie. 1 vise, 2 vises, 3 vises, a big heavy part, etc). We usually just keep 1 kurt vise on the table.

Does anybody else here use this parameter adjustment? Also, what is the parameter adjustment for this on a Fanuc Oi-MB controller?

Chris

This is from the manual for newer controls 31i and 0iMD. I dont think you meed to worry about this on a small LM guide machine. Are you having an actual issue?
What is on a Haas control is not the same as on another control. Haas may hook that value into the gain or who knows what.

5.SERVO FUNCTION DETAILS
B-65270EN/08
- 246 -
Static Friction Compensation Function
(1) Overview
When a machine, originally in the stop state, is activated, the increase in speed may be delayed by there
being a large amount of static friction. The backlash acceleration function (see Subsection 5.5.4 and
Subsection 5.5.5) performs compensation when the motor rotation is reversed. This function adds
compensation data to a velocity command when the motor, originally in the stop state, is requested to
rotate in the same direction, thus reducing the activation delay.

No not having an issue. Just something I discovered and wanted to learn and possibly fiddle around with this parameter on the machine. I appreciate your response.

It seems like this isn't a very well known topic among the machining community but I may be wrong

The machine we have is box way

No not having an issue. Just something I discovered and wanted to learn and possibly fiddle around with this parameter on the machine. I appreciate your response.

It seems like this isn't a very well known topic among the machining community but I may be wrong

The machine we have is box way

Unless you have a flimsy machine or are doing super nice mold cavity type work, you don’t need to eff with it.

Unless you have a flimsy machine or are doing super nice mold cavity type work, you don’t need to eff with it.

Agreed. I'd leave this alone. I can see bad things happening. Most of the time stuff like this is set and then left.
I'd be more interested in look ahead, feed rates, etc.

Back