What's new
What's new

Deckel Accessory Management II

drcoelho

Stainless
I finally finished the second cabinet for storing my Deckel accessories. This second cabinet is used mostly for the heads. I machined a bunch of dovetail blocks out of Delrin to mount the various heads. I also show one photo with both cabinets side by side with all accessories. There is still room for another head or two, TBD later.

IMG_20210512_170511.jpgIMG_20210512_170611.jpgIMG_20210512_170742.jpgIMG_20210429_164436.jpg

Nice collection of "kit" for sure...Too bad about the overall environment ...working there would make me feel like "Das Phantom" from "Das Boat"..I would gladly trade some of that for some sunlight,fresh air and a bit of headroom .:stirthepot:

Cheers Ross

Nice collection of "kit" for sure...Too bad about the overall environment ...working there would make me feel like "Das Phantom" from "Das Boat"..I would gladly trade some of that for some sunlight,fresh air and a bit of headroom .:stirthepot:

Cheers Ross

Ross, it's not THAT bad....I can open doors, and there are other rooms in my shop that have more headroom.....

Looks great, can you give more details on the hoist? I love the low headroom.

Here's the PM thread discussing the bridge crane: New Bridge Crane

The key features that give me the headroom:
- I embedded the crane supports into the walls to save floor space
- The bridge rides on the TOP of the rails which saves a lot of headroom
- I'm using a VERY low headroom hoist which is unusual in that the hook can rise right up to the bottom of the bridge
All engineered to California seismic requirements, etc....

The hoist is Harrington SHB Ultra-Low Headroom Trolley Hoist

Your setup is amazing. My shop is very small and I find that if keep the tooling organized, I can maximize the space (to make room for more tools of course).
What dove tail cutter did you use to make the accessory docks?

Your setup is amazing. My shop is very small and I find that if keep the tooling organized, I can maximize the space (to make room for more tools of course).
What dove tail cutter did you use to make the accessory docks?

McMaster P/N 2984A74 Dovetail End Mill, Cobalt Steel, 60 Degree Chamfer, 1-3/8" Mill Diameter

And, same as your shop, my small shop requires an extreme amount of organization and of utilizing every little nook and cranny for storage to gain space. One needs to think in 3 dimensions when storing stuff. I also adopted very modular storage, like the use of slatwall and Akro bins on the walls (see background on the two bridge crane photos above for examples of this) which makes for easily reconfigurable storage, and everything is on wheels (exception being the big machines which don't move) to allow for reconfiguration on a per job basis.

^^^ agree with making everything mobile that can be moved. Long bed lathes, no. Radial drill, no. Chipmaster, yes. Bridgeport, yes. Tool and cutter grinder, heck yes.

Instead of casters etc. I make custom skids under machines that allow a pallet jack to do its thing.

L7

^^^ agree with making everything mobile that can be moved. Long bed lathes, no. Radial drill, no. Chipmaster, yes. Bridgeport, yes. Tool and cutter grinder, heck yes.

Instead of casters etc. I make custom skids under machines that allow a pallet jack to do its thing.

L7

I wish I could use pallets, but not enough room for pallet jack to move stuff around. I use Zambus wheels which have a very nice design allowing for self levelling after placement.

Back