What's new
What's new

2015 Brother R450 W/two Brother T200 4ths installed.

wheelieking71

Diamond
2015 Brother R450X1
16K std spindle, TSC prep (but no pump (pump is about $5k), 22 tools, chip flush, MPG
Two brand new Brother T200 4th's installed in Feb. this year. Each has a Pierson Roto-Vise on it.
$90k

Very nice machine for sale. This Speedio will help someone make money. It has been said quite often that having a Brother R450X1 with it's integrated work changer pallet is like having a license to print money!

Very nice machine for sale. This Speedio will help someone make money. It has been said quite often that having a Brother R450X1 with it's integrated work changer pallet is like having a license to print money!

Yep, good description. Until the work goes away.
Just like my original Brother (the R650), this little beast pretty much doubled throughput VS how I was doing the job before.
With about 1/3 the footprint, and power.

IMG_2884.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

IMG_2885.jpg

Pics taken today, 6/11/21. Hours are accurate. I still have 500 parts to run through this, so they will go up a fuzz.
I can easily run them elsewhere though if somebody wanted this little beast before I get them done.
Zero issues!

Ohh, forgot to mention: Brand-new Mist-Away mist-collector included.

I am curious did you get the column riser with this to account for the extra space of the 4rth axis? Just curious how much travel you lose with the 4th axis in place.

Charles

I am curious did you get the column riser with this to account for the extra space of the 4rth axis? Just curious how much travel you lose with the 4th axis in place.

Charles

No riser. Brother designed the pallet machines with a rotary in mind.
Reach is actually a challenge when NOT using a rotary. You have to get your vises up on a riser if you want to keep your tools short (imperative with BT30).
Because the tool does not travel down at all during the change (kind of like an umbrella, just 30 times faster) you don't really pay a price.
I guess if you had a super long tool? You may have to be careful. But I have yet to run in to that.

FWIW, I bought this machine for $60k late last year. Spent $38k for the 4ths. And $5k for the Roto-Vises. That is $103K
I know I'll never break even.
But, if you have semi-small to small 4 axis parts to pump out? You would be hard pressed to find a better machine if throughput is a priority.

I may also entertain some trade material. No matter what, I will need some cash to my end. I need to pay the T200's off. But, the R450 itself is free & clear.
Things of interest:
Smaller CNC lathe with live-tools. This is what I could really use. I've turned away more work that needs turning with live toys than anything.
Brother "S" series Speedio. I know that one is a looooong-shot. I wont even consider less than 22 tools and/or 16k RPM.
Nice manual lathe. The bigger the through-hole the better. But, no monsters. I would say maybe something in the 20" swing range? Maybe a little smaller.
Nice manual mill. Big table. Variable speed head only. I have a fairly decent Excello, so its gonna take something pretty nice for me to upgrade.

Man you're killing me with this. This is a very good deal and I think one of these is in my future. I just can't do it now.

Hope you sell it quick so I quit thinking about it.

May be worth adding to your listing if your willing to sell the machine without the 4ths....might open up to a larger market and get the iron moving quicker. just a thought.

Yeah, I'm familiar with it's size. I just checked and my biggest fixture is 8"x16.5" so everything I do or have would fit. Do you have any need for the Rotovises or mist collector? Neither of which I would use. I have centralized mist collection.

Yeah, I'm familiar with it's size. I just checked and my biggest fixture is 8"x16.5" so everything I do or have would fit. Do you have any need for the Rotovises or mist collector? Neither of which I would use. I have centralized mist collection.

I could keep the mist collector around. I'm sure there is another "S" series Speedio in my future which it would be well sized for.
Could probably sell the RotoVises? I think I will have some Orange doubles to sell soon as well.

How much work is it to pull the 4ths off the tables? As in 70% of my work is 2.5 axis and the rest is 4th axis. I am thinking it's a lot of work.

Back