What's new
What's new

2006 HAAS VF3ss/APC

wheelieking71

Diamond
2006 HAAS VF3ss/APC

Options include:
SS, Pallet-Changer, and 40+1 Side-Mount ATC.
Also wired and equipped for both 4th & 5th axis.
90 gallon coolant tank, 34 position P-Cool, and chip auger.
1200CFM Mist-Away mist collector.
Skim-Ray skimmer (same as nexgen).
And 8 ORANGE 17.5" double vises.
20,355 total hours on the original software install (software install date is the only way to tell if hours are legit).
Spindle, and all axis run quiet and smooth. Everything functions @ 100%.
If interested, please come inspect!

This machine taught me A LOT about production work. For a small one to three or four man shop?
Where you also have a lot of other wheels to keep turning, It will be very hard to beat the profit margins from this machine. If it can keep up with volume demands.
Yes, a Brother pallet changer will crush it in throughput and efficiency. I handily proved that.
But, if you just need something chugging along in the background spitting out just enough parts?
This will make more money than the Brother. Until you need the Brother! LOL. I think you all get what I'm saying.

My production work has dried up. The orders I am getting now are typically 50-150pcs.
This is not the most efficient machine for that work. I like to see a minimum of 500pcs before I set something up in it.

$45k as it sits including everything listed above (yes, even the vises).

Also (because I get asked all the time) this is not a Midaco pallet-changer.
It is an actual factory built and integrated HAAS pallet-changer.
It actually works and is reliable.

IMG_1160.jpg

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

Last edited:
To add, just like the post for the last Brother I sold:
I may be inclined to trade for a live tooled lathe. As I turn away a lot of work that requires such a beast.

Morning, what relative area would it be shipping from? I know the owner of my current company was looking at new and used vf 4's, but this could be a good compromise with the APC down the road.

Since this seems to be the only question I get asked........

Not including the pendant (the control panel) Max dimensions:
16ft long (tip of pallet changer to tip of chip-chute)
7ft-6in deep (front panel of enclosure to rear of electrical cabinet filter cover)
9ft-4in tall (max height at top of tool-changer)

And another thing!
If you are a broker? Do not bother contacting me unless you are ready to stroke a check for $45k.
I don't care how many people you have "looking for a machine just like this" (bullshit :rolleyes5:).
I am so tired of hearing the same damn story, over and over and over and over again.
Money talks, bullshit walks, middlemen are a waste of my time and money.

LOL! Well I realized the answer to my own question in your names information... but clearly you did not actually read my question. I asked what area it would be shipping from (So that i could roughly figure out the rigging/shipping costs to present to my company owner). A broker would've said he had a customer looking etc. I run the machining department for my current company plus having just registered my company, hence my question. Thanks anyways though, good luck on your sale.

LOL! Well I realized the answer to my own question in your names information... but clearly you did not actually read my question. I asked what area it would be shipping from (So that i could roughly figure out the rigging/shipping costs to present to my company owner). A broker would've said he had a customer looking etc. I run the machining department for my current company plus having just registered my company, hence my question. Thanks anyways though, good luck on your sale.

That post wasn't directed at you. I did read your question. And I didn't answer it because as you "realized" the answer was right there on the screen.

And another thing!
If you are a broker? Do not bother contacting me unless you are ready to stroke a check for $45k.
I don't care how many people you have "looking for a machine just like this" (bullshit :rolleyes5:).
I am so tired of hearing the same damn story, over and over and over and over again.
Money talks, bullshit walks, middlemen are a waste of my time and money.

Brokers suck...............I bet they hate forums like this. Or even CraigsList/Marketplace.............Cash not makin' it into their greasy paws..........4 of my machines where bought or sold here or on CraigsList

Still got 'er, eh?
Too bad your Brother pallet machine is gone..............now I could use it. ........................Are you gonna make some tractor pullin' parts?

Still got 'er, eh?
Too bad your Brother pallet machine is gone..............now I could use it. ........................Are you gonna make some tractor pullin' parts?

Yea, it is still here. Actually setting up a 1,000pc run in it right now. But, it could leave at the drop of a hat. Coffers are getting pretty low.
I still have the 650 pallet machine. Way-way better than the 450! But, if I were to sell that one the price would also be way-way different, LOL.
That dude is having trouble getting a solid model to me. I'm not going to throw a price at it based on pics. I need to study the model.

Dammit i wish i had the ceiling height for this. Damn shame I can buy a vf3 with options and a huge tool carousel like this one for less $$ than any vf2 I can find. Would kick ass for my product line. Oh well

Edit, is the tool change position max Z position? Wondering if I could just change parameters and never let it go all the way up. Might need to move the home switch, but mute point if it needs full z to change tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dammit i wish i had the ceiling height for this. Damn shame I can buy a vf3 with options and a huge tool carousel like this one for less $$ than any vf2 I can find. Would kick ass for my product line. Oh well

Edit, is the tool change position max Z position? Wondering if I could just change parameters and never let it go all the way up. Might need to move the home switch, but mute point if it needs full z to change tools.

In my first shop I had 8' ceilings and placed the machines where I could cut out the sheetrock between the rafters for tool changes then built a box over the top so I could have my insulation back, worked fine

What Kustomizer said. Seen plenty of people on this forum do it in garages. Disassemble the head, put it in garage, knock hole in ceiling between rafters reassemble head.

I took out a 10' wide section of the second story floor in a place I rented. Stacked it up all nice and neat and put it all back like I was never there 5 years later.

I have 110” before I hit the roof joists. Those are 9” tall. Then it’s plywood followed by rubber and daylight. Haas lists 122” max operating height, so unless I literally raise the roof or lower my floor I cant make it happen, even if I cut the joists completely out of the way and boxed it out. Hence my question, if I could have reduced the max z height by even 6” I could squeeze it in. Its’s a lot easier to just buy a vf2

Honestly, at what I am asking, I can't believe I still own it.
Its no Brother R650, or horizontal. But for a one-man-band looking to increase throughput on high volume stuff?
And take advantage of long cycle times for multi-tasking purposes?
If this machine can keep up with demand, the profit margins from this beast are way higher than the other options.
Trust me, I proved it for years. This thing made way more $$$$ than my Brother R650 simply because the price of entry was so much less.
Yea, if they were both paid for? The Brother would stomp it (on the right work). But, when those payments are flying out at the end of the month? Not so much.
The only down-side is: if it is not dedicated to one part? The jaws pile up fast! LOL
But such is the nature of those long cycles. Easy price to pay if you ask me. I can't stand being married to a machine any more.
I need to be able to push the green button and walk away for at least 20 minutes.

I have 110” before I hit the roof joists. Those are 9” tall. Then it’s plywood followed by rubber and daylight. Haas lists 122” max operating height, so unless I literally raise the roof or lower my floor I cant make it happen, even if I cut the joists completely out of the way and boxed it out. Hence my question, if I could have reduced the max z height by even 6” I could squeeze it in. Its’s a lot easier to just buy a vf2

How big is the section that goes above 110" ? If others can fit between joists then I would think it must be less than 24". Cutting the roof plywood and rubber to box it out like you would do to install a skylight is no big deal. I would just make an extra tall box and actually put a skylight on top to both have room for the machine and get natural light into the shop. By cutting the rubber a few inches smaller than the opening and then stretching it so that it climbs a few inches up the box you can create a perfect flashing.

How big is the section that goes above 110" ? If others can fit between joists then I would think it must be less than 24". Cutting the roof plywood and rubber to box it out like you would do to install a skylight is no big deal. I would just make an extra tall box and actually put a skylight on top to both have room for the machine and get natural light into the shop. By cutting the rubber a few inches smaller than the opening and then stretching it so that it climbs a few inches up the box you can create a perfect flashing.

There you go thinking outside, or above in this case, the box again, good show!

Back