What's new
What's new

Creative Evolution CNC on Defiance VTX-1 start up error

bwgeez02

Plastic
I recently purchased and wired up this machine and it won't boot the Creative Evolution program due to this error "protection device not found, program terminated!c:>." Anybody have any experience with this program? Not sure what protection device it is looking for and have not found anything in the manuals or online other than the emergency stop, but I don't even get to the eso at startup. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I recently purchased and wired up this machine and it won't boot the Creative Evolution program due to this error "protection device not found, program terminated!c:>." Anybody have any experience with this program? Not sure what protection device it is looking for and have not found anything in the manuals or online other than the emergency stop, but I don't even get to the eso at startup. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have one of these machines with CE can you give more details to what happens?

Do you have all of the controller cables inserted correctly?
After you type CNC, Does it detect the PMAC card?
After this you should get the ESO fault

I have one of these machines with CE can you give more details to what happens?

Do you have all of the controller cables inserted correctly?
After you type CNC, Does it detect the PMAC card?
After this you should get the ESO fault

I Just double checked the controller cables and made sure there are no bent pins. All good there. Here's my process. Power machine and chiller/spindle pump. Boot computer. Computer boots into DOS and asks if I want to insert floppy for .nc. I type N and enter. The very next screen is the error code. It doesn't go to the cecnc program so I can't check eso or go through that sequence. If I type cecnc and hit enter it gives the same error message. Kinda stuck not knowing what protection device it wants to see.

George at Geonics just got back to me and explained that the protection device plugs into the serial port of the PC for the software license. Looks like I didn't get that with the machine. Thank you everyone for your help.

So, I found the dongle. I removed the bottom drawer of the machine table. Somehow it worked its way down there during transit. Whew.

Back