What's new
What's new

42" blanchard

Anyone have or know of any 42" blanchard grinders for sale. Looking for a machine that has some issues to rebuild in our shop. Would prefer a number 22 but maybe interested in a number 18.

Anyone have or know of any 42" blanchard grinders for sale. Looking for a machine that has some issues to rebuild in our shop. Would prefer a number 22 but maybe interested in a number 18.
This may still be avalible

Subject: EXTREME DISCOUNTS-WHOLESALE BARGAINS-BELMONT MACHINERY COMPANY

Belmont Machinery Company PH 630-844-9288 | 630-701-2042 Fax

View this email in your browser

BELMONT MACHINERY COMPANY
911 Sullivan Road, Aurora, IL 60506
Est. 1960

Belmont Machinery Company specializes in buying and selling manual horizontal boring mills, large engine lathes, vertical boring mills, and grinders. Please visit our website to view our inventory. Have surplus machinery? Please call 630-844-9288 or email to [email protected]

Click on a photo to view additional photos and full specifications on our website. Looking for something you don't see, please visit our website for additional inventory.

EXTREME DISCOUNTS-INCREDIBLE VALUE-WHOLESALE BARGAINS
PRICES VALID THRU MONDAY, JANUARY 18, 2021 5PM.

48" MATTISON Rotary Surface Grinder, Was $29,500 Now $9,500 FIRM

If you want to step up there is a really nice Mattison 42" on ebay.

This would be an early to mid 90's machine. It appears not to be repainted and I would say just from the pics it is mint condition. it is very similar to our hydraulic 42 and we run ours 2 shifts a day.

Epay listing says “for parts or not working”?

my guess is somebody probably does not know how to hook it back up. But a call to the dealer would answer that question.

Most shops do not want to mess with the Mattison grinders anymore.

Blanchard Grinders are perhaps the most productive machinetool on the planet. Unfortunately, these tools require a shit load of amps. These tools are for large shops with 440.

The rebuilding of these tools should be a very good business.

Do now. HGR Surplus? Never dealt with them personally. Not a great rep from reading PM all these years though.

One has to understand. This is where machine tools go to die.
They power up nothing and know next to nothing.
Things range from scrap metal to fully functional but up to you to figure it out.
Great screaming deals and boat anchors. All priced the same.
Have bought from them and been very happy.
They just say we do not know but at least they do not lie to you about it as some other used machine dealers do.
I'd rate them as good but for sure some that they have is not worth the rebuild price or missing expensive parts.

A full rework of ways, bearings and maybe gearbox and chuck control on a 42 will not be cheap. Be sure to sit down before getting the quote.
When done, amazing and you can will it to your grandchild.

A very, very big thing to care about on any Blanchard is amount of chuck left. This not a low cost replacement item and can not be reworked or fixed.
Some operators get too enthused about topping the chuck since it is so easy to do. Have had to spank a few when some divots from a lost load.

I have a 11-20 with close to 10 thou dip or wave on the side to side. :eek::nono: Yet can hold .0002 on parts.
Yes she needs help or fixing, and one must make sure the chuck into the same position.
But she does carry WWII tags and I did buy her a new chuck and newer chuck controls when the Neutrol spider thing died.

Second fail to watch for is in the gearbox. There is a brass gear that is designed to wear and fail on severe overload. In older machines this guy not low cost to find.

Overall this machine a tank that just keeps going on. Worn, abused, beat to hell, fly off the trailer on the freeway at 70 and still keeps on trucking.
Bob

Back