What's new
What's new

Astra/Elite AR5E Universal Tool Grinding Machine

Purity Vendetta

Plastic
Hi all. I have bought the Elite badged version of this machine as I'm very limited for space in my workshop and it not only has the ability to grind tooling and drinks but also small surface grinding jobs.
I've had the ways reground and it's up and running but I'm looking for either any accessories, in particular wheel hubs the 18mm surface grinding spindle or the taper fitted Arbor on the tool and cutter grinding spindle. The machine looks very promising for the work I need to do but finding either information or parts would be fantastic. Even pictures with dimensions would be great. I did contact the company who are still in business in Spain but, although they still made a machine with an almost identical spindle head, they weren't much help.
I have a manual in English and would be happy to copy it if anyone else needs it as I'm told they can be hard to come by.
I'm based in the UK and would be interested if anyone here might have any of the accessories for sale.
Thanks in anticipation.

You'll have to pm me and I'll sort out copying the manual for you. It's not the most comprehensive manual I've ever seen but there are a couple of interesting illustrations and such like. I've pretty much finished making new hubs for the 18mm surface grinding end of the spindle and it came with a taper Arbor for the tool and cutter grinding end. I'm slowly trying to make the other bits of tooling as I find time. I have the work head and 4 indexing rings and will make others that I need as I go on. I needed to sharpen and radius a 5 1/2" slotting mill and, of course, found it was a 16 tooth tool and I didn't have a suitable indexing ring. I'm relatively new to tool and cutter regrinding and sharpening and am having to learn by trial and error.

Also chiming in. Have recently bought one of these elite ar5e grinders for the shed and know of another here in New Zealand. It's a well used machine and needs a rebuild. Similar work required as Alan on YouTube has done. Will be making pulleys, y axis lead screw & nut (converted metric), wheel arbors and anything else worn or missing. Im a toolmaker which comes in handy. If there's an interest it could be worth making extras.
Im happy to share info and help others with sizing etc.
Cheers
Mark

I recently picked up one of these. Any chance I could get an electronic copy of the manual? Also what parts were you able to make? I am missing a couple of pieces, if anyone fabricobbled some pieces I would be interested in picking up some pointers and maybe pictures of the end result. Thank you!

Back