What's new
What's new

Blanchard 22-42 repair question

Jake T

Plastic
Hi everyone,

The coupling between the driveshaft and the motor for the table transmission on my 22-42 blanchard broke (where arrow #22 is pointing in the manual).

The problem is part 39, the spiral bevel gear it drives. I can replace the small assembly that bolts to the back of the transmission easily, but to replace its mating gear (39) would require taking the entire transmission apart.

I know it's bad practice to replace one pinion style gear and not the other, but I really need to get my machine up and running ASAP.

So has anyone else had this fail on them, and do I really need to have the entire transmission overhauled, or can I just bolt in the assembly with the new shaft and key (the key is what failed).

If swapping 22 without replacing 39 is possible, any tips as to how to shim for proper backlash?

I know I'm asking a lot here, but I'm really in a fix. Thanks for *any* advice anyone might have.

-Jake

P.S. I tried to attach a pdf from the manual but I don't seem to be able to, sorry.

So you are talking about a failure of the coupling? Not internal parts of the transmission?

I am not at my shop but take a picture or 2 and email them to me.

[email protected]

I have no manuals close to me.

So you are talking about a failure of the coupling? Not internal parts of the transmission?

I am not at my shop but take a picture or 2 and email them to me.

[email protected]

I have no manuals close to me.

Yes the coupling failed and in doing so also destroyed the end of the driveshaft.

I'll try and email you a couple pdfs from the manual. Thanks!

Back