What's new
What's new

Blast cabinet for small shop: TP Tools??

Spencer in NH

Stainless
I have an occasional need for a blasting cabinet for cleaning and finishing of small parts (loaf of bread or smaller, steel and aluminum). I was looking at the TP Tools and Equipment offerings.

Here is what I zeroed in on: the 850-T Fast-Trig Abrasive Blasting Cabinet.

850-T Fast-Trig Abrasive Blasting Cabinet

Does anyone have any experience with these products? I am a total newbie when it comes to abrasive blasting.

Skat Blast

Used this kind of Skat Blast cabinet when I was working, have been thinking about getting a little bigger one but don't have room now. Repair parts are a little high but always did a good job. Can't use the one at work any more a Tornado went through in September and smashed it to the ground, no one hurt though. Richard

I have an occasional need for a blasting cabinet for cleaning and finishing of small parts (loaf of bread or smaller, steel and aluminum). I was looking at the TP Tools and Equipment offerings.

Here is what I zeroed in on: the 850-T Fast-Trig Abrasive Blasting Cabinet.

850-T Fast-Trig Abrasive Blasting Cabinet

Does anyone have any experience with these products? I am a total newbie when it comes to abrasive blasting.

If you have room in your shop for it, get the biggest one you can afford.

I don't see a price listed, but TP tools is pretty much for the car restoration crowd
(billet, chrome, blah, blah)

Having said that, it's ussually overpriced.

You'll note the gun doesn't even have a foot pedal. More than 5 minutes
of trying to pull that trigger with those heavy rubber gloves on is a real pain.
It has the lowest priced dust collector (that TP offers) which is a vacuum
cleaner motor, and screams pretty loudly. It doesn't have a little "gutter"
outside the door, to catch the dust off the door inside (they sell one extra though)

Look at Trinco, Empire, some of the other industrial names, I'll try to find
a link here in awhile.

I've had a large one from TP for a long time, 15-20 yrs. I like it a lot, did go thru some vac motors till I replaced it with a larger one I picked up at a flea market probably at least 6 or 7 yrs ago. Would buy one again. That said, I've seen quite a few on Craigslist lately, search "blast cabinet" on Search Tempest will pull up a bunch. like this one, Trinco Dry Blast Cabinet probably not too far from you. HTH, Jim.

Blast Cabinet

Not sure if you are familiar with Harbor Freight, but we have a store close by. I was there the other day, and they have quite a nice cabinet with a lot of features for around $200. They can also be ordered on line.

I bought Trinco BP Master Model 36 cabinet and am very happy about it. Solidly made unit with everything I need, incl. good light, pedal, additional side door and dust collector: Trinco Trinity Tool Co. Sandblasting Equipment

Call them. They're very nice guys who try to help you any way they can. Very much unlike my experience with TP Tools. Their prices are quite flexible, by the way, and they'll work with you on delivery options too.

I purchased mine from TIP about 15 yrs ago, still going strong. threw away the gun, put a better one on, with a ball valve.
Their vacuum is a joke. But the whole BLASTER is just a sheet metal box, you can doll it up anyway you want to. plus it's a good place to park your better shop vacuum next to it, After you buy the box, anything you want extra can be added cheaply, with whatever is lying around.
Some of the other brands are twice the money for a box,a few rubber hoses,and a couple of pipe fittings.
I actually bought mine as a display model, all put together, [they're only about 30 miles from me]
Buy some extra plastic glass protectors, they don't seem to last very long.
Dave [acme thread]

Back