What's new
What's new

Boyar Schultz 2A618 surface grinder

JimHilliard

Plastic
Good morning all, I am looking for help on a 1982-1984 Boyar Schultz grinder. After disassembling , cleaning , painting and reassembling the machine. I can not get the hydraulics to respond correctly. The table will feed left to right and right to left but the speed can not be adjusted (slower or faster) the front to rear axis works fine (full travel and speed is controllable in dress mode as well as feed mode)When I adjust the cushion , if I go too far the table blows past the directional shift lever till the cylinder strokes out. I have replaced all seals , o rings , and gaskets. I also checked the spools for fit and finish and they are good. I called W A Whitney in Rockford Ill. with out any success. They have no one to support the grinders and their parts inventory is very minimal. Without part numbers they can't help at all. I am hoping to find someone with expertise on the hydraulic system . Thank you....Jim

If it goes by the reversing valve and it is flipped and nothing happens I would first look at that valve. Might be installed backwards or upside down. Is it possible a pin or a key is sheered and the valve is stuck open? Has to be something simple if it ran OK before you repaired it. Did you take some pictures of the piping before you took it apart? If not take some pictures,post them and maybe we can look and help. Rich

Jim, I have the same machine, i'm trying to repair an hydraulic leak on the in/out table cylinder, my question: how to remove the lower table?
Thank you in advance

2a-618

Jim, I have the same machine, i'm trying to repair an hydraulic leak on the in/out table cylinder, my question: how to remove the lower table?
Thank you in advance
Same here. Looks like I have to go underneath by detaching the base.

Did you bleed all the air out of the cylinder? Normally done by cranking the table all the way one way then the other a few times.

Back