What's new
What's new

Boyer Schultz accessory???

stevet

Aluminum
I came across an attachment for a Boyer Schultz surface grinder. It's called a high speed attachment. It clamps to the spindle, wheel removed, and is run with a belt and pulley arrangement where the wheel was. It seems to have a collet for a small diameter stone for doing inside horizontal grinding. Do I need it? What's it worth, and what should I offer? Steve

I don't have any personal experience with one but I have seen one once on a machine back in the '80s. I can't think of a time when I could've ever used one. If it was free I'd still have to figure out if it was worth storing. Only you know if you need it. -Mike

We have one and use it often. ID grinding a round part held in a spinning fixture (bushing like parts), or with our dedtru attachment to grind the ID of a part turning on the regulating roll to get perfect coincentricty from OD to ID. Tip the spinning fixture to grind ID tapers. Use jig grinding quills either CBN or mounted wheels, for soft material a carbide burr. If you need it, it's priceless, if you don't I'd guess $500. RJT

Thanks for the info. The good news is it's available at a reasonable price. The bad news is that it comes with the grinder. {Possible Boyar Schultz for sale} Steve

We have one and use it often. ID grinding a round part held in a spinning fixture (bushing like parts), or with our dedtru attachment to grind the ID of a part turning on the regulating roll to get perfect coincentricty from OD to ID. Tip the spinning fixture to grind ID tapers. Use jig grinding quills either CBN or mounted wheels, for soft material a carbide burr. If you need it, it's priceless, if you don't I'd guess $500. RJT

I recently found one of these “ High Speed Grinding Attachments”. Would you have a manual for it? I need a copy and would be happy to pay for one

I have a unit that I converted to fit on a Mitsui.I used it today as a matter of fact.I use it for grinding i.d.s on bushings. I use it mostly for finishing deep slots after roughing the slot within a thousandth with a regular grinding wheel.It does such a good that now I get all these jobs.I do not know how I would get along without it.

The unit I have is a Speedline that I converted to fit a Mitsui.It is designed to fit a Bridgeport mill.It runs at 3500x5 or 1750 rpm.It runs a little slow but gets the job done.Discard the flat belt and idler pulley.Too much vibration. Turn the big pulley flat and run it with O-rings.I had to use it aii day today.Grinds best with open grit wheels. Dose not like Borazon,not solid enough. I also use it to grind center holes on critical od grinding.Small Borazons needed for center work.Dress them true with a SHARP diamond and open up with a white dressing stick.

I appreciate you posting your adaptation as well as your opinion on CBN application as I had this in mind from use in jig grinders. Thank you. Will likely attempt this when the shop gets sorted and wired.

Back