What's new
What's new

Brown and Sharpe 510 or 612 -- pictures of wet grinding setup?

Brandenberger

Hot Rolled
Hi,

I'm going to fabricate the appropriate guards for wet grinding on a B&S 510 surface grinder, however I haven't been able to find very good pictures or sketches of how the troughs are shaped and attach at the back of the table.

Here's the image from the manual:

image1 (1).jpg

The manual says:

The working surface of the table is surrounded by a two-piece overlapping adjustable rear guard, a guard for the right hand end, a one-piece front guard and the deflector at the left end of the table.

Coolant collects in the table channels and is delivered to a trough in the bed at the rear of the table which then discharges into a trough fastened on the side of the machine and going to the supply tank through a flexible hose.

This is as good a picture as i can find online, which shows the troughs but not how they attach to the table, or what the trough looks like that catches the flow from the table itself.

bs picture.jpg

If anyone has this setup on a 510 or a 612 and could snap a few pictures that would be greatly appreciated! The back of the table, where those piece screw into the table is unclear (do they replace the table guard strip in the rear? is there a seal to prevent coolant running down into the V-way behind the guard strip?).

This is the back side of my machine's table presently, the screw holes to mount the side trough are visible, however there has to be some additional trough attached to the table I think.

grinder back of bed picture.jpg

Thanks very much!
-Phil

Attachments

• IMG_1714.jpg
    IMG_1714.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 106

Back