What's new
What's new

Can anyone identify this old grinder?

Lucaselef

Aluminum
Does anyone know what model this old grinder is? Looks like it might be a tool grinder, but I want be able to see it for a few more weeks.
IMG_20211209_211836_632.jpg

Yep, it's Taiwanese built. Dad had one he horse traded for. I sold it to a friend of mine a few years back. Has a nice spindle but a weird mount for grinding wheels. Dad modified his to accept 1.250" bore wheels. IT's a okay for getting by with. Sharpen a many of endmills on it!

It's not KO Lee at all. That's what I bought to replace the Tianweeze one with.

Thank you all for the info, I'm going to look at it and some other tools after Christmas. I didn't even think that it may use an odd mounting hub. At any rate, it will probably have to be a good price for me to take it home as there seems to be plenty of quality USA tool grinders for a reasonable price on the market.

If having a good spindle then that is a very nice grinder, likely good as a surface grinder or tool grinding.
Small floor space is a big plus... drip pan, big down and cross-dial numbers and belt drive for speed change are other big pluses.

(X)= back wheel should have a wheel guard, you can nick/grind your forehead or the wheel can get bumped and blow up.

Scrapeable oil ways can be restored to zero true...
A small mag chuck might be placed to the table left, and the right table side used for tool grinding.

I can't tell from here if it has a compound (Swing) table top.

Often one can grind stuff with not being engaged in the Mafia, drugs, brothels, counterfeiting, booze, gambling, insanely, corrupt politics, pushing dull cutters till they break, not ringing testing grinding wheels, looking at pretty girls, speeding, eating candy bars, drinking too much coffee, yelling at the dog, and the like.

I guess I would eat dog and cat...hope it does never come to that..Janie would just roll over and die.

Likely one might be able to survive with not having a surface grinder. But you gotta eat...

I guess I would eat dog and cat...hope it does never come to that..Janie would just roll over and die.

Likely one might be able to survive with not having a surface grinder. But you gotta eat...

Rabbit, Squirrel...Venison... Bear... Boar..\and sometimes cows, pigs and chickens

Quackers, that come out of a box are OK I think.

likely get a 46k AO wheel and grind open the Quacker bok with long travel passing and .002 down feeds. A surface grinder, TC grinder or coffee grinder might be OK.

Oh speaking about wheels..what happened to the thread subject?

is it for sale? what price? If it is free I don't have room for it..for $500 I still don't have room for it.

But I think it is a very nice machine and would like to have it if I didn't already have grinders.. and if I had a place to put it.

One could surface grind something, then TC grind a cutter and then take that chair that comes with it and sit down to drink a coffee or a beer....and then buy a plane ticket and go to Hawaii, .

My friends grandfather in law ran a machine shop for the oil field and passed away. They're selling of the machines. I'm going to look at it after Christmas. I'll post more pictures if I buy it, but I don't even know the price yet.

The one I had, I sold it to a buddy of mine for $125 bucks. For anyone else that would have been $250. Your mileage may differ. Oh, be careful, it is top heavy, can easily tip sideways, ask me how I know that. Ken

Back