What's new
What's new

Covel 10 PH Grinder help

cvuxton

Plastic
I just bought a Covel 10 PH grinder and I have to ask...Does anyone own one of these? I found one or two references to this model but no information. I have a question about the hydraulic system. The machine had been knocked over and when I got it and started to clean the base out there was a lot of oil in there. There was also a steel box about the size of a small shoe box tipped over in the back. As the pump system is a closed loop I figure the oil came from this box. It's orange, the same color as the inside of the base. It looks like an open shoebox with a strip metal handle across the open top. There are also two open ended plastic tubes attached on the left side as you look at the pump compartment. I figure they drip into the box but considering how much oil was in there it must have accumulated over years. So 1) where do these tubes come from? 2) does the box catch oil from the tubes? 3) does anyone have a manual that I could ask questions of (I have a reprint of a 10H manual from Ozark Tool Manuals, Great resource but not the 10 PH). Thanks for any help here

Covel 10PH pictures

IMG_0521.jpgIMG_0514.jpgIMG_0511.jpg

The tubes are light gray to the left. Looking up they seem to go into the machine...somewhere.

As you can see, the box looks factory made and the same color as the interior.

Chris

Back