What's new
What's new

DeVlieg Micropoint

Close Work

Cast Iron
Anyone with experience using a DeVlieg Micropoint tool grinder? I have manuals and I have seen them in use by others but never have used one. Interested in hearing any tips or problems and suggestions about diamond wheels for it.

Hi Close Work, ever buy that DeVlieg, can you tell me anything about the machine or point me in the direction of a manual in PDF.
Would very much appreciate any info you can share as I have bought one and want to know if it's worth keeping.
Thanks Brent

I currently have two Devlieg Micropointe grinders- both getting rebuilt for use in my shop. These seem to be very high end grinders designed MAINLY for grinding the Devlieg microbore cutters. The wheels for these grinders are a little odd in the fact they are five inch wheels rather than six inch. But the specs for the wheel is in the manuals.

I'd have to assume these grinders have kind of lost their appeal to most shops as they don't sell for very much money. With replaceable inserts being more of the norm, the call to sharpen microbore cutters I'm sure has diminished. I lucked out and the last machine I bought had a complete set of holders all the way up to 1 1/2 inch. BUT the entire machine was pretty gummed up, so I'm in the process of if dismantling and rebuilding it. I lucked out last month and bought two new wheels for use on both grinders.

Hi Brian,
I bought a Devlieg micropoint and I am searching for a manual and informations about the additional equipment. I found a pdf brochure with some informations, but more detailled informations would be very helpfull.
Can you give me a tip or link where I can get this informations?
Regards
Gerhard

Back