What's new
What's new

Electromagnet controller

Stuart Caruk

Stainless
I've acquired a 12 x 24 electromagnet and another 6 x 12" since plate electromagnet with no origin markings. Neither of them have anything other than an electrical pigtail attached to them. Is there a generic controller that can be purchased or built to allow these magnetic chucks to function properly?

Thanks,

Stu

You should talk to Walker Magnetics about sizing the wattage to the larger one, with a rheostat to knock is down for a smaller one. The only problem might be if you connected the large power supply to the small (sine?) plate at full power. I don't know what would happen, but I don't think would be good.

Just a guess but I think you need 200 to 250 watts for that big one.

I've acquired a 12 x 24 electromagnet and another 6 x 12" since plate electromagnet with no origin markings. Neither of them have anything other than an electrical pigtail attached to them. Is there a generic controller that can be purchased or built to allow these magnetic chucks to function properly?

Thanks,

Stu

I have an old Neutrofier mag controller mounted to one of my Parker-Majestics that I'm not using; it appears to be complete. PM if you're interested.
Rich

Back