What's new
What's new

Falcon Chevalier FCG-610 Desktop Tool and Cutter Grinder Lubrication Question

Erik

Hot Rolled
Hi guys.

I've just returned from a long, exhausting trip to Germany (1500 miles) to pick up this grinder.

I've found very few of these for sale around the world - the only one in my country was on auction 10 years ago.

Having a super-small home shop this is the perfect grinder for me to sharpen my tools - I can squeeze it in on top

of my FP1 tool cabinet beside my bench drill. Still, it's crowded.

I have this question: The worktable slides on balls. Do they run dry or do I use way oil or a light grease (like Klüber)?

And maybe a manual for the machine and accessories?

It has the standard head plus a circular saw grinding attachment. Does anyone have any accessories they would want to part with?

(I don't think that's going to happen, but I have to ask)

Thanks in advance.

Erik

Attachments

• Slib.JPG
    Slib.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
Gromax sells a T&C grinder that looks like that and used to supply manuals for it. The Enco T&C grinder that I have looks just like it too and that was made in 1981.

Very nice machine ...But, I would not swing the air spindle around to do ends,
They don't grind as good with with rotating flute lip below center and lefts would be a bugger. getting a secondary is also a bugger.

I would find a simple tilt work head to mount left of the air spindle..Perhaps lifting the air spindle off the table to do ends with the work head.

Mostly we thought grease on balls would attract abrasive grit and become like rubbing compound..but best to find what the manual says.
I would hang a curtain to protect the column and have a mat on the table,

With a tilt wheel head you can set an end mill so the front flute is horizontal so it does not try to bend your finger in-ways, this gives a better feel...and get clearance with the tilt wheel head..double thick the tape is good, yes just to keep grit out.

You might put a strip of masking tape along the gap of moving table to fixed part, over lapping the fixed 1/2" or so. put a little oil on the fixed so tape does not stick there.

You might cut off a couple shirt sleeve and use to cover the air spindle tubes just for protection.

Free download the Cincinnati #2 TC handbook , It has much needed information for anyone thinking about cutter sharpening.
Operator's Instruction Book, Cincinnati No. 2 Cutter and Tool Grinder : The Cincinnati Milling Machine Company : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Might also put it on a disk, just incase your computer goes fudge.

Back