What's new
What's new

Glebar centerless grinder dressing help

makerofballs

Plastic
I’m running a Glebar cenerless grinder with a drop down feeder. I’m taking rods about six inches long and they are being grinded into several balls. This is a new position to me and I’ve never had to dress stone wheels before and I’m just looking for any tips or information resources on dressing a wheel like mine. I couldn’t find any info that would help. See my stone wheel has contours or grooves in it and all different sizes grooves depending on the specific measurements of the balls we are making at that time. But dressing the wheel with these grooves is where I am struggling. Thanx in advance for any and all help.

Try asking Glebar first. They are very helpful. So, here are a couple of other options if Glebar won't do it:

1. Fabricate a mandrel for the wheel. Get a single point diamond, mount it in a radius turning jig mounted to the toolpost of your most decrepit lathe. Then turn the radius using normal wheel dressing speeds and feeds (you will probably need to experiment here).

2. Mount the wheel in a cylindrical grinder and use a plated diamond wheel with coolant t grind the form by plunge or traverse grind. The wheel will usually not be as sharp or open as with single point dressing.

3. Remove the regulating wheel and replace it with a diamond coated roll you can plunge into your stne. I would mount a vfd so you can slow the g rinding wheel down below 1500 rpm.

Back