What's new
What's new

grinding or cutting disks Dremel compatible

mach77ford

Plastic
I was wondering if there is a grinding or cutting disk Dremel compatible 6mm Dia by 2mm thick and if so where to buy this ultra tiny wheel as I am trying to invent something with limited tools and don't have the thousands of dollars to buy the proper equipment needed to preform the task at hand.
Any information would help
thank you.

You might stack two Fiberglass Reinforced wheels, they are about .045 thick and can be rubbed on abrasive paper to thin. Near 1/4" diameter might be made by just wearing a standard wheel down to desired size.

Finding catalog wheels that size likely not possible. I don't know if much of that diameter will be above the Dremel wheel arbor hub.

Can you tell the machining need with not exposing your invention? Perhaps the guy here could find another process.

Special wheels in production runs might be had but it would cost big bucks up front for tooling up, so the need of them would need be in the millions. Home made wheels would need high cost safety documentation to be sold.

Google separating disk. They are tiny silicon carbide disks. Intended for dental use, but jewelers use them a lot and they will cut most materials but make a lot of dust and wear very quickly. HTey come in a bunch of styles and thicknesses but you can stack them to any thickness you need.

Check out Renhotac . They sell 1/8" shank diamond discs , a pack of 10 with 2 mandrels , 16mm-40mm diameter for $9.00. They have a lot of different sizes. They are on E-Bay also.

Back