What's new
What's new

Grinding wheel score

eKretz

Diamond; Mod Squad
I went to a shop that is getting ready to close in Chicago today, and lucked out on a mega score on some grinding wheels. Before today I had a single AlOx wheel and a couple diamond wheels, that was my grand total.

Now I have about 150 AlOx and SiC wheels of all grits, shapes sizes and porosity. Plus a couple more diamond wheels and another Sopko QC wheel arbor. All for the grand total of... $50.00! There is a fair selection of fine wheels too, up to 320 grit or so. A few of the 46 grit wheels, a lot in the 60, 80, 100 grit range. About 2/3 of them are new, the rest are used but so have some life in them. A good day.

20210208_153116.jpg

Yeah I was thinking the same, but some of the higher grit wheels might be handy for form grinding now that I have a radius/angle dresser. (Thanks Lee). And the diamond wheels and Sopko adapter make it worth more than $50 by themselves, so works for me!

I also got a couple other cool items. One was a little engraver made by New Hermes with a bunch of master letter sets and spare parts. Also got the little corner notching die that's visible in the OP picture. A few small pieces of grinding tooling: sine bar, angle plate etc.

The place still has a couple small surface grinders (one is a Brown and Sharpe, the other is a Harvel Butterfly - and yes it's a surface grinder, not a die filer, (although he also has one of those) - they are trying to unload, also a bunch (6 or 7) of small kick presses, couple spot welders and a few other things. He's also got a Wells Index vertical mill but someone is coming to look at it, not sold yet though. If anyone is local and interested, send me a PM and I'll pass on the guy's contact info.

Back