What's new
What's new

Harig 612 Spindle Taper

Mr. Fixit

Aluminum
Hi ALl,

I just picked up a Harig 612 and need to get a wheel adapter since it didn't have one. Can someone tell me what the spindle nose taper angle is or which one is best to get for this machine.

Thank you..

Ok, my next dumb question is LH or RH threads. I know that the spindle is supposed to be going clockwise as viewed from the spindle end. I would think that the correct adapter is the LH version. Can someone confirm this for me?

Thanks again..

LH would be safest. I'm not sure why they make RH adapters as all the grinders I've seen spin clockwise. I think we have a couple RH hubs and to use them you have to be certain it's locked down or it'll come apart on the spindle.

LH would be safest. I'm not sure why they make RH adapters as all the grinders I've seen spin clockwise.
Not applicable to a surface grinder, but a lot of tool&cutter grinders can mount wheels on either end of the motor. While T&C grinders are also often reversible (at least the ones with 3-phase motors), it can be handy to have wheel mounts of either hand.

Back