What's new
What's new

Harig Super 618 auction find questions

ISEN AG

Aluminum
Ended up winning a manual Harig Super 618 on a high school surplus online auction a while back pretty cheap. Got it and hauled it home and I am finally getting around to actually looking into it and mechanically it looks good (at-least to my untrained eyes) but I had a question about power delivery & start up to the spindle motor.

When I picked it up the power was already disconnected but it looks like the power delivery went directly from the supply line to the on/off switch on the machine then directly to the spindle motor. Is this normally how these machines supply power or is this machine missing some sort of motor starter setup, etc?

Appreciate the help figuring this out.

These small grinders typically have a 1 hp or so motor, which can be directly controlled by a properly rated switch. If you only have single phase power, properly rated VFD's are available inexpensively, and will handle most functions. Good luck.

Currently have a RPC for a lathe and mill so adding this shouldn’t be a problem. Yes it is a 1hp motor I believe and there was a built in switch on the side do the grinder leading directly to the motor so that does support what possibility.

Back