What's new
What's new

How should I shut down my cylindrical grinder before the weekend?

lydokane

Plastic
I have question about shutting down my grinder at night and especially before the weekend. I have a Kellenberger CNC cylindrical grinder. I don't know the specifics about the wheel. We are grinding soft steels with minimal removal rates. We recently purchased the machine (used) and this is the wheel that the previous owner was using (it is pink). Unfortunately I know even less about the coolant. When mixed, it is white-ish, yellow in color. I know this isn't much to work with and if necessary I can provide more specific details Monday.

My question is, what is the proper way to shut down the grinder to prevent coolant from causing balance issues in the wheel? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I may be way off base here but I will attempt an answer. (I grind for for a living) I have never seen my stones absorb to any degree the coolant , I face with each new piece and swap stones depending on job and have never seen any weeping when the old stone sits. I find it hard to believe they are off balance from coolant. I look forward to any responce. Dave

Ditto what easymike said. If you have a wash down hose, avoid rinsing down the wheel or inside the wheel gard. Shut off the spindle before hydrolics, and start hydrolics before the spindle.

Back