What's new
What's new

i.d chamfer grinder 75 degrees

tpcd1

Plastic
I am looking for any information on a i.d grinder that can swing at least 75 degrees. I have a van norman no. 25 radius grinder that we use now, however it is getting wore out and cant take out of production to get it rebuilt. I would love to find another one.... good luck to me!!! cant even find info on the early 1900 machine. I have some parts that require a 15 degree angle off the face so 75 degree from the i.d anyone have any info of a machine out there capable of this?

Sounds like a perfect job for an Arter or Heald rotary surface grinder. The rotary chuck on those can be tipped to grind tapered faces.
Or a universal toolroom/tool and cutter grinder, where you can swing both the wheelhead and the workhead around ? Arters and Healds are not so easy to find these days :( (Taft-Peirce built a cute 6" one, too. Even harder to find.)

Heald 273a will swivel all the way to 90 degrees I am almost certain. I sold mine or I would check. Best ID grinder out there for tool room type work

Heald 273a will swivel all the way to 90 degrees I am almost certain. I sold mine or I would check. Best ID grinder out there for tool room type work
There's a decent-looking 72A3 up in Maine someone here posted with the cross-sliding head but that much angle is a lot of swing. The part better not be very long or he'll run out of room .... worth a look though. Probably real cheap, it was at a scrap yard.

Pretty sure you're right, they do go 90 ... (jealous of your 273. Nice.)

Back