Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Infeed centerless grinding questions

Hey guys, new member here hoping for some advice. I usually do through-feed grinding, but was recently asked to infeed some longer parts on a van norman centerless grinder. They are about 24"s long, with 3 different OD's on them. My question is, how do I keep the different OD's concentric with each other? I don't mind the run out on centers, but I need the different OD's to all be concentric with each other. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't see any way to do that. The centerless makes wonderfully round parts but concentricity is not in the cards unless all diameters are ground at once. Somewhere out there there might be a machine with 24" width capability but I've never heard of one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is, it is a Lidkoping CL-46 20" od 24" wide machine but finding one here is not easy and they get pretty pricey. I don't think that the OP can keep the concentricity either.

Lidkoping CL-46 in Rheine, Germany

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
    There is, it is a Lidkoping CL-46 20" od 24" wide machine but finding one here is not easy and they get pretty pricey. I don't think that the OP can keep the concentricity either.

Lidkoping CL-46 in Rheine, Germany
    If you are locked in to centerless on these you need to find someone who has one of those and be real nice. Like your ass belongs to him.
    I