What's new
What's new

Jakobsen grinders is back, or maybe not

Martin P

Titanium
I had bought a Jakobsen SJ12 in 2008 and at that time I could not find a spare parts source. All I really need is wheel hubs. There was no viable internet presence, which usually is a sure sign of not being in business.
Yesterday then suddenly yesterday I stumbled acorss their web-site: Jakobsen Surface Grinders
I thought that maybe they had sorted out their business and were moving forward, so I called them to check whats up.
Turns out they are in bankrupcy right now and expect to know within two weeks what the situation is. Until then they can not ship out parts. But they would certainly quote me.
I am afraid to find out their parts prices anyway.

Martin

Oh no! Not another one down the tube. I hope someone can save Jakobsen somehow!

They never disappeared as far as I know as I spent some time on the phone to them within the last couple of years to get my Jakobsen 1424Automatic up and running.

I have a LOT of respect for Jakobsen and their machines after having had mine for around a couple of years now. It is very well built, very high quality and very accurate. Also interesting that mine is 1986 build, and its got an NC control. Point being it was well ahead of its time for most surface grinders back then.

Please keep us posted on news!!

We have a Jakobsen SJ16 and we seem to be having some problems with the Hydraulics (Maybe) we are trying to move the Y axis and the handle keeps spinning freely and table does not move has anyone experienced this before?

Back