What's new
What's new

Jones & Shimpman 540P Surface grinder floor space

leeroy76

Plastic
Hi Guys

Can anyone with a Jones & Shipman 540P surface grinder give me a rough floor space required for the machine?
I am looking at a second hand one and trying to work out whether i can fit it into my little workshop.
I also only have access through a narrow door way which is 730mm wide. Could the machine be fitted though such a narrow doorway? Perhaps with some of the cross feed and vertical feed hand wheels removed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers
Lee

J.S 540 dimensions of the machine housing.

Hi Guys

Can anyone with a Jones & Shipman 540P surface grinder give me a rough floor space required for the machine?
I am looking at a second hand one and trying to work out whether i can fit it into my little workshop.
I also only have access through a narrow door way which is 730mm wide. Could the machine be fitted though such a narrow doorway? Perhaps with some of the cross feed and vertical feed hand wheels removed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers
Lee

Hi Lee, I can send you the dimensions of the machine housing. They are in Italian but you can see.
My name Robert, my email: [email protected]

Hello.

If you remove the handwheel and shaft for the vertical movement, 730mm should just be enough..

Back