What's new
What's new

The Jones and Shipman 540 has arrived!

implmex

Diamond
Good morning All:
So the title says it all; the machine I lusted over and bought in the beginning of March arrived on Saturday.
It is one sweet little machine...tiny by comparison to the Kent I had before, but just so damn cool.
Everything is mechanical on the machine, the Kent had steppers and a switch panel to run the power cross feed and the power down feed...this has motors too, but all the controls are levers, and gadgets and pawls...it's a very old school kind of toy (like my Monarch) and I love it already.
The old toolbreaker who sold it to me had to come and say a final goodbye to his baby, and demand I treat her with the respect she's due...he left with a tear in his eye, but content she went to a good home.

So I'm a happy dude!

A shout out to the riggers who brought it in for me and took out the Kent... anybody who is looking for a good rigger in the Greater Vancouver area; I've used Wingenback twice now and they are by far the best I've used.
Zero drama, panties still pristine and unsoiled...all went very well and took about an hour at my end.

It wasn't a nutso move by any stretch; the biggest challenge was negotiating around a ramp that couldn't carry the weight of the forklift. (The floor is 60 inches above ground level and there's a ramp my co-tenant uses to drive cars up into his space)
So they popped a big steel plate onto the top of the ramp, blocked it up level, and dropped the machine onto the plate, then pallet trucked it in; easy peasy.

They're not cheap but worth every penny in my judgement.

Now to set up the new toy and grind shit...can't wait to run it and figure out its quirks.

Cheers

Marcus
Implant Mechanix • Design & Innovation > HOME
Vancouver Wire EDM -- Wire EDM Machining

Back