Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by majohnson View Post
    My 612 has the same silicone. Yes, you are missing a plate that covers the way sump casting. There is an allen screw that you can remove to drain the old way oil. The coolant tank is just a slide in unit. There should be panel that covers the coolant compartment. And small hose is the drain for way oil that collets in the bases built in sump. The hydraulic hoses for table feed sweat on my Harig also. That little tin looking cup behind the way oil pump needs to be filled with way oil. I pick up 5 gallons of Mobil #2 way oil, because these grinders use oil pretty fast.

I have an electro magnet on mine and it so much better then the permanent magnet since you have variable control. PM me if i can help.

Good luck,
    Mark
    Thanks! I was wondering what that small line was for!

So what is that cup behind the lube pump for? And why is it so inconvenient to get to if it needs to remain checked and filled?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That cup is the fill port for the lube oil sump. That is how to check the level, half full cup is about right. But it takes ages to refill the sump when low, due to the small pipe fitting at the bottom of the stupid cup. Make a cover for the sump, otherwise grinding dust mixes with the lube oil.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The ways show a lot of wear, depending on what you need it for that may not be a problem. I re-scrape the ways about every 5yrs, long before they get that much wear. The cast iron in the machine is nice, and scrapes easily anyway.