Kwik Way Super Speed Valve Facing Machine - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

thanks for all the info. I'm just restoring a mint P and got a rude surprise when I found it missing the motor drive pulley. Anyone have a spare? Can anyone take a photo of the drive pulley so I'll know what I'm looking for?

jack vines

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello, I realize this thread is probably beyond ancient history. I hope someone here can help with my Kwik Way VS grinder. My chuck has about .003 runout, I made attempts at cleaning it without any change. Before I buy the new balls anyone know of a collet chuck setup with a 8" shank 1.25" dia?
    Any other ideas??
    thanks for the input.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Is there any noticeable wear on the barrel or the surfaces in which the ball bearings seat?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Used one similar to the one a long time ago. It had several cool attachments, one faced and squared the ends of the valve stem where the rocker arm contacted it and another reground the radius on the rocker arm where it contacted the valve stem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SShep71 View Post
    Is there any noticeable wear on the barrel or the surfaces in which the ball bearings seat?
    I have not taken it apart, manual listed something about a rod down the middle of it to hold it together I need to re read it.

I has been a good machine it does rocker arms has the attachment.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have you checked it with a ground arbor ,rather than a valve.......anyway ,the three ball chucks do seem to run out out a bit,often due to wear on the valve stem.......the only grinder I ve seen got around the problems was an Italian one that rested the valve stem in two V blocks,with a finger to hold down.......very few bother with grinding now that new valves are so cheap,and the seats are often coated.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Read the manual a few times, study the pictures the best you can and take it apart carefully and methodically. Inspect the surface the bearings seat against for wear, I used an older Kwik Way grinder at an automotive shop I worked at years ago. There was very little run out, and that machine was old at the time. I don't see why you can't get it to run concentric better than .003, you just need to put the time and energy into making sure everything works together properly. Also, one big thing is to make sure that you are not clamping on the valve stem with excessive pressure. It doesn't take much pressure for that facing operation on either the seat side or the rocker side. If you continuously clamp excessively you will ear something out. I only say this because when I worked there the older guy that ran the shop had to tell me about it once or twice before I got the message.