What's new
What's new

Landis CH 10X36 universal what is the workhead taper?

lalatheman

Hot Rolled
Just got a Landis CH 10X36 universal cylindrical grinder home and moved in shop, need to use it

RIGHT NOW for just one small hot job...but havent been able to determine workhead taper....morse #4 goes in about an inch and a half ....spindle hole is 1.125 at large end ......B&S #9 goes all the way in but rattles.

Jarno....#9 ? with the plugs I have I figured .580 per foot, jarno is .600

Main spindle and workhead run very smooth and quiet

I hate to bring a machine in and just run it, but if I can , this time ..I will .. Planning to just top off the

main spindle oil level and grind two inches (hand feed) on one .2505 dia shaft

Thanks
Dave Lawrence

Our 10x20 1R has a #10 Jarno in the headstock and a #6 Jarno in the tailstock. I have a blueprint listing set up bars that used to be available. The list includes several custom tapers,6,7,9,10,12,13,14,16,20,24,28 Jarno, straight, 2-7 Morse and 6,9,10,15 B&S.

You may have to call GCH tool (Landis parts) for this. Most I recall were Jarno. The CH grinders were a pretty heavy squatty machine with a huge swivel base under the wheelhead and could accommodate from 14” to 36” wheels without much fuss.

Good luck,
Matt

Thanks for the replys

Turned out to be jarno #9 . Spent yesterday lathing one out, got a nice fit, however ( the inevitable mission creep) I find myself

wanting to make a #9 jarno lap from dura bar or even aluminum.....

Thanks
Dave

Back