What's new
What's new

Lidkoping 630 cylindricity issues

Sicardski

Aluminum
I have been asked to get this rebuilt Lidkoping 630 centerless grinding running.

We grind rocker axels for heavy truck engines 1070 to 1200 mm long 25.974 +- .006 mm diameter.

I changed the grinding wheel to the same type that is running in another grinder that produces good parts, more info on the wheel to follow.

Diameters are good, straightness is good, surface finish is 1.9 to 3.5 Rz depending on where you check it.

Material is 4140 hardened in some spots where the rockers ride, soft where they do not.

Cylindricity is out of spec on all parts.

My biggest questions are: where should the work piece be in relationship to the centerline of the wheels and is it normal to be using a V-block for the support bar or is an angled blade the way to go.

See photo below.

image1.jpg

I always ran 30 degree blades with the work piece being approx. 1/2 it's dia. above centerline.

What you have there is one of the finest Centerless Grinders made. I would love to have that machine. They are a little to pricey for me. PM me and I will send over a PDF on the setup on the Lidkoping. I have a 3B that I am trying to get running myself. If you want you can call me also.

Donovan

Donovan,

Thanks for the response.

Please send me that document.

I pm'd you but your mailbox is full.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Back