What's new
What's new

Magerle F7 Grinder Questions

Thriced

Plastic
Hey everyone, recently picked up this fine old swiss watch of a grinder for a good deal. Got it all cleaned up and am trying to get it fully functional and I was hoping someone here would be able to provide some insight into the function of the machine. The wheel dresser and auto-feed seems super trick.

I am hoping someone will be able to tell me how to engage the manual hand wheel for cross feed. The only manual I have been able to find is one for an older machine and its missing some key pages. It seems to need a combination of lever positions to engage the nut, but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Any advice appreciated!

Josh

KIMG0047.jpg

KIMG0048.jpg

Attachments

• KIMG0048.jpg
    KIMG0048.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 134
Appreciate the help! That is actually the manual I have, from Tony. Its for a Magerle F7, but one that is 10 years older and there are a decent amount of control differences, and it also is missing the picture that numbers the levers that it talks about, doh! So I have "lever number 5 does...." but no idea which lever is number 5.

The seller I got it from, acquired it from a machine shop buyout of an owner that died, so unfortunately he hasn't been much help.

The other tidbit I am really having trouble figuring out is the auto downfeed. It has a really neat mechanical system that uses an adjustable block and a limit switch with a micrometer that is tied into the dressing diamond. I understand how the system works, I think, but I believe there is an electrical problem that is causing it to not work, bad relay or something. Just hard to diagnose with not knowing much about the machine!

I found this post:

Magerle Surface Grinder

One of the comments describes how to engage the crossfeed nut with a lever but I cannot find that lever on my machine and wonder if it was one of the changes over the years :(

Back