Makino Seiki CNJ2-30 6 axis Tool/cutter grinder setup suggestions
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Makino Seiki CNJ2-30 6 axis Tool/cutter grinder setup suggestions

Im picking up a 96 Makino Seiki CNJ2-30 6 axis Tool/cutter grinder next week. Its got a fanuc 16m control. This model does not have the pre loaded tool forms so more of a general purpose cnc grinder. I would like to grind tool forms eventually but really just want to get used to running the machine for now. I have a DMU50V so I do have 5ax experience.

I have a subscription to HSM pro and I have Gibbs 2012 out of maintenance with the dongle. Didnt see any tool cutter grinder posts in the HSM library. Id have to make a 6 ax MMD to use it in gibbs and based on what it cost to get a working 5 ax post made for the DMU, probably way more that the cost of the machine.

Is there any realistic way to use something like this without a specialized post processor and tool grinding software?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, got the manuals today. The machine does have probing and I did get the factory reference bar. A couple axis have dead batteries. Easy to clear as this machine has alignment plates like a robot arm on all the axis. Picking machine next week.

Country
    SINGAPORE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi
    possible to share the manual of this machine?
    Makino Seiki CNj2 year 2006

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I got the machine all fixed up and sold it to a company in South Korea about a year ago. I may have some copies of the manual left I will check.