Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Mitsui hydraulic surface grinder

We have 3 Hydraulic Mitsui surface grinders 8 x 18 we bought them at different times thru 2 years all 3 of them blew there hydraulic hoses
    We put stronger hoses on them. All seem to be ok but seems like their reversal is much harder. 2 of them we got adjusted better
    but 1 we are only getting 20 strokes per minute and a hard reversal on the right to left. I have adjusted the cushioning solenoid
    several times trying to soften up to no avail. Hydraulic pressure is in spec. With the stock hoses we noticed quite a bit of movement
    of the hoses on the reversals of the table. Seems like they are taking in account for the flex in the hoses. Our new hoses are rated
    for a much higher pressure. Cant seem to get a hold of Mitsui service to talk to them about this.
    Any ideas to get my speed up and soften the reversals?
    Other then that very accurate grinders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sounds like you need something to absorb the hydraulic shock. You may be seeing the equivalent of a water hammerer effect. Sounds like Mitsui is using their hoses as a way to soften the reversal.

Talk to a pump expert.

A quick fix may be to increase the length of the hydraulic hoses--Maybe double them or more to give more expansion room and soften the shock.

You could drop the hydraulic pressure a bit and see what you get.

Lost

Upstate NY -In the Flats next to the corn fields
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Talk with a knowledgeable hydraulics expert.
    If things can't be adjusted properly to compensate,
    you may be able to fix the problem by installing
    an accumulator.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim may View Post
    We have 3 Hydraulic Mitsui surface grinders 8 x 18 we bought them at different times thru 2 years all 3 of them blew there hydraulic hoses
    We put stronger hoses on them. All seem to be ok but seems like their reversal is much harder. 2 of them we got adjusted better
    but 1 we are only getting 20 strokes per minute and a hard reversal on the right to left. I have adjusted the cushioning solenoid
    several times trying to soften up to no avail. Hydraulic pressure is in spec. With the stock hoses we noticed quite a bit of movement
    of the hoses on the reversals of the table. Seems like they are taking in account for the flex in the hoses. Our new hoses are rated
    for a much higher pressure. Cant seem to get a hold of Mitsui service to talk to them about this.
    Any ideas to get my speed up and soften the reversals?
    Other then that very accurate grinders.
    I upgraded my Mattison from mechanical valves to servo valves with the same problem. The old mechanical valves had a "two step" system to slow the table at the end before reversing. After about a year of hydraulic experts, I went back to a similar system to old valves. I am using 2 servo valves with a variable flow restricter on one valve. When the end of stroke switch is triggered, the signal is sent to the PLC it closes the main valve, then 1/4 second later the secondary valve reverses. a 1/4 second later the main valve reverses. This gives be the ability to slow the table before reversing in both flow rate, and time. So far so good, hoses and fitting are holding up better, low temp gains, good grinding results.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Going to take the hoses off one of the other Mitsui's and get some new hoses made. Thinking that the other hoses
    we put on were smaller diameter. Worth a try