What's new
What's new

Mitsui Surface Grinder hydraulic fluid

wez

Plastic
I just picked up a MSG-250H and working on setting it up. Does anyone know what type of hydraulic fluid it uses? I havent found any mention in the instruction book. It only mentions mobil vactra #2 for the one shot oiler and #2 grease for the rollers. I started to email Mitsui but it appears their website is broken.

Don't know about that but far a ball way Matsui I think it good to pull the table and clean the balls every few years.. great machine but has tendency to get dirty balls.. If mine I would clean and then put a strip of masking tape to just cover the parting line at just below long travel.

Doing the tape on a brand new machine likely it would stay clean for life.

Mine doesn't use hydraulic fluid at all. Not being funny. It's got a Bijur total-loss lube system that runs to the ways, and that's it.

Yeah, its a 8x18 with hydraulic controls. Im guessing it takes 5~10 gallons. Might try some ISO 32.

Many grinders with hydraulic systems pump hydraulic fluid to the ways to act as lubricant. Don't know if your Mitsui does or not, but if it did, you should buy the correct fluid.

Many grinders with hydraulic systems pump hydraulic fluid to the ways to act as lubricant. Don't know if your Mitsui does or not, but if it did, you should buy the correct fluid.

This Mitsui has a one shot oiler with Vactra #2 for the ways and screws.

For future reference:
I ended up using 10 gallons of some iso 32 fluid. My guess is the capacity is 40~45 liters. Its been working fine the last couple weeks.

Back