dalt.deuel

Plastic
Hey guys I have been getting an alarm on my:

Chevalier Smart B818II CNC Grinder

The alarm reads:

Motion 19 Y-Axis Fatal Following Error Exceeded
&
Motion 8 Y-Axis Loss Pulse

Does anyone know what these alarms mean?

I have powered down the machine and shut the main power off in hopes of avoiding the alarm up Restart, but everytime I try to home out Y-Axis I get these alarms. Can anyone give me some advice on what to do to fix these issues?

Even a contact number for Chevalier would be great. I tried to contact them via their website but I have not been contacted after filling out my information. Very frustrating, rely heavily on this grinder and cannot afford to have downtime.

Thanks in advance, Dalton.

Last edited:
I cannot address your specific error, a "Following Error" Means that as axis X moves along its path, Y axis reads position of X and "follows" based on what is called out by the programming. If Y exceeds a built in error qty. it stops.

It exceeded it error allowance.
Look at mechanical stuff first, something jamming the movement of Y, wiring to controller, then go hunting elsewhere.

The lost Pulse means loose /broken wiring to Scale or rDisplay.

Plastic means you are a Newbe, member.

I cannot address your specific error, a "Following Error" Means that as axis X moves along its path, Y axis reads position of X and "follows" based on what is called out by the programming. If Y exceeds a built in error qty. it stops.

A Y axis following error has nothing to do with the X axis.

Hey guys I have been getting an alarm on my:

Chevalier Smart B818II CNC Grinder

The alarm reads:

Motion 19 Y-Axis Fatal Following Error Exceeded
&
Motion 8 Y-Axis Loss Pulse

Does anyone know what these alarms mean?

Swap the motor/encoder cables.

You could then see if it's a controller or motor/encoder problem

Back