What's new
What's new

Need grinding wheel hubs for Tschudin grinder

texasmci

Plastic
I bought an older tschudin grinder from a previous employer but it doesnt have any grinding wheel hubs.
I think its an HTG-400.

Anyone know where I could get some that would fit this machine?

I bought an older tschudin grinder from a previous employer but it doesnt have any grinding wheel hubs.
I think its an HTG-400.

Anyone know where I could get some that would fit this machine?

Not sure if these will fit, but a bunch of Tschudin hubs showed up on for sale on Ricardo in Switzerland a day ago. Here is the link:

Tschudin Schleifscheibenflansche

Advert translates as follows: Grinding wheel hubs for a Tschudin HTG cylindrical grinder. For grinding wheels with ID 152mm (6 inches). Price is 250 Swiss francs per hub (about 275 USD).

No relation to seller, but if I needed hubs for my Studer, at that price I would jump. Seller appears to be a company rather than an individual, has lots of positive feedback from other buyers.

Hi there,

Contact Charles at IMTS Grinding in the UK, I have bought wheel hubs from him for the HTG 400. [email protected]. It seems that he has quite a lot of Tschudin parts, I bought some other items from him, table dressers etc.

Did you ever determine if the arbor adapter size matched standard sopko tapers? I have a sizeable collection of B & S as well as Cincinnati adapters in my inventory. PM me if I can help out. Johnny

Did you ever determine if the arbor adapter size matched standard sopko tapers? I have a sizeable collection of B & S as well as Cincinnati adapters in my inventory. PM me if I can help out. Johnny

Good to know that for smaller grinders pretty much up to 8" wheels the adaptors wood2steel mentions are about 1" at the big end for B&S wheel mounts, and about 7/8 at the big end for the Cincinnati type.

Good to carefully feel or blue one to your spindle nose to see it will touch at two places, or along your spindle nose so to not chatter/wobble when grinding.

Yes, there are other sizes and tapers so measuring before searching, buying or selling is good.

Alphabetical Index

Back