What's new
What's new

Which new centerless to buy?

cincin55

Plastic
Hey guys,

Firstly, I am hoping to get some input on a new through-feed centerless grinder. We're looking to purchase another one, and hoping someone can maybe steer me in a good direction. We currently run 62rc parts, 2 inches long for the most part, and hold a tolerance of .0001 max. The largest OD we do is 1inch, so nothing too crazy. When we run smaller, say .250, we run 1000 or so at a time, holding a 3micro finish or better. I'm curious if anyone has something better/ different in mind to look into, before ordering another one of these cinncinnati's as they are quite expensive. If I run 500 pieces, with a .500 OD, I would need to back the machine out a total of maybe .00005, and it makes dead accurate moves. We haven't bought a new machine since this one in the 90's, so I am really just curious what else is out there, and if anyone has personal experience with them.

Thank you again for any input on this!

Where do you work. I didn't know that there was that many centerless grinder in Colorado besides Us and Ron Grob.

Im most certainly not of much help. We bought a centerless grinder and its sad in the hot part of the shop ever since. Hopefully next year we can finish insulating that side with HVAC and get that thing going.

We would be pleased to help you source a new centerless grinder. We have 100s in stock (new, used, remanufactured) at different price points. Feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Back