What's new
What's new

Operation/Maint. manual for B&S MicroMaster 618/818 Series 2 (and voltage swap)

eKretz

Diamond; Mod Squad
Just picked up an 818 MicroMaster with the Dial-a-Size option, and thought I had all the manuals. Apparently I have 2 parts manuals and 2 operation/repair manuals for the Dial-a-Size equipment but nothing for the basic grinder operation and maintenance. Anyone got a pdf copy?

Also need to switch this machine over from 480 to 240/208 so if anyone has been through that with one of these grinders, pointers would be appreciated. It will be running off of a 25HP VFD from single phase. I know I need to swap motor wiring and change heaters. Haven't looked yet to see if there are taps on the transformer for the lower voltage stuff or what.

20191213_150258.jpg

Found the ops/maint. manual here at PM after looking through about 30 pages of search results. And after looking at the transformer inside the main box, just my luck that the label showing which taps for which voltages has been ripped and half is missing. Been googling to see if I can find an image of an intact one.

I remember seeing on one thread during the search someone was wondering why the MicroMasters have such large electrical boxes with hardly anything inside... the Dial-a-Size option is why. Take a look at that fully stuffed box.

20191217_163615.jpg20191217_153223.jpg

Last edited:

Back