What's new
What's new

please help identifying grinding wheel adapter

jz79

Stainless
I bought a Deckel S1 grinder recently, and with it came these wheel adapters, 4 of them, they don't fit the S1 spindle taper, nor any other piece of kit that came with it, would be great to know what they are for so I could maybe list them on ebay or something, not looking to make money off of it, just want to know what they are from so I can advertise accordingly.

Forgot to add in the sketch that the taper length is aprox. 5mm, and the large taper diameter is 37.6mm (minor 36.6), and the "M25x1.5" thread might also be 1" 16tpi

20200723_134802.jpg 20200723_134803.jpg 20200723_134814.jpg 20200723_134816.jpg mystery-adapter.JPG

edit: thanks to Bruce the mystery has been solved, they are Fischer UJP-60 grinding wheel flanges

I bought a Deckel S1 grinder recently, and with it came these wheel adapters, 4 of them, they don't fit the S1 spindle taper, nor any other piece of kit that came with it, would be great to know what they are for so I could maybe list them on ebay or something.

I'm sending you a PM.

how do you like the grinder? i have one also, but use it sparingly, too complicated for me.

I haven't had a chance to use it yet, those 4 Fischer flanges were the only ones that came with it, I bought it via Surplex auction from Scemama SA, and the pictures weren't good enough to figure that out at the time.

I ordered the correct ones from Singer already, together with some wheels for it, hopefully I'll receive them some time next week, but need to disassemble it, clean, inspect etc. before putting it to work.

The good part about it was that it was advertised as having no accessories, just the slider compound with the dividing head, but when it arrived, there were few more bits on the pallet (some duplicates):
no-accessories-included.jpg

I'll need some collects for it, some W20 for the dividing head, it came with W20>MK4 adapter, and then the ones for the smaller angle compound - forgot what it is called, the one that comes with S0.

thats a nice assortment of stuff. i wonder what the angle plates are for, i mean with 7 (or was it 9?) axis you should not need them.

here are couple pics from the brochure showing their usage, I'm no expert to say if that could be duplicated with the slider compound alone, but if they designed and made them available as accessories, I guess they have their uses...

S1-angle-acc.jpg S1-angle-acc2.JPG

there were 3 of them with the grinder, one with a full accessory mounting dovetail, one with half of the height of that dovetail milled off, one without the dovetail at all, maybe some custom setup was bolted to the last one, it has a bolt hole pattern in it that doesn't look original

the first picture shows how it was supposed to be used (left diagram), but I can't figure out yet why not do the same thing without it (shown in the 2nd pic), perhaps it is required by the cable system that defines the relation between the long and the short slider, but I'm not sure

anyway, probably quite essential for for full functionality of this - eierlegende Wollmilchsau :D

Back