What's new
What's new

Precision Grinder wages

AGRINDER

Plastic
What is the average salary for a precision grinder? I can find salaries for most every other machinists position but not ours.

Machine operator?

Unless you bring specific skills and know how to the trade.
Umm , Cal ? Out of curiosity, what's your job ? Because you sure don't know much about machining. You don't get to walk in the door and be a grinder hand.

op, it's such a rare thing nowadays, you should be able to ask for whatever you want. If you are a real grinder, like michiganbuck, I mean. Guys that know their shit do not grow on trees.

What is the average salary for a precision grinder? I can find salaries for most every other machinists position but not ours.

usually depends on parts involved if you grind $10. parts salary will be lower than if grinding $1000. parts and i often see parts that are easily over $1000.
like anything salary often depends on how many willing to work at wages offered. many a time everybody gets a pay raise when too many leave job to work else where and they have trouble finding replacements willing to work at salary offered

forgot to mention many grinders say make
$20/hr and thats seems low like $40,000/yr but with 150% and 200% overtime pay many can be making easily over $65,000/yr
basically overtime used like a weekly temporary pay raise

Just guessing $20 to $35..with average closer to $25 for a seasoned grinder hand.
Scab shops paying $12 - $15 with high turn over of help. Top shops perhaps $45 but not many jobs there.

One world class shop I know with the sharpest grinder hands around pays about $20 but best work, top conditions , best machines, good benefits and overtime if the guys want it. Actually it is a world market a machine builder and special parts manufacturer..and I won't tell the the name, but most of you would know the name.

$7.25 per hour.
Prove you are worth more. So many fail yet think they should get the big bucks.
I see nothing to thing your are a grinder hand let alone precision or have a passion.
I do see that you want money.... You have done everything wrong already.
Bob

Actually I was just curious what the average rate is. I have been grinding for 26 years. Thanks for the reply.

Back