What's new
What's new

Pulveresing blade re-sharp

hi there i am interested if anyone has done this kind of work
I have no experience in grinding
I found that are re-sharp with CBN wheel, but i don't have a clue how fast that wheel can cut and re-sharp
The segments are heat treated at 58 HRC
The segments form a 800 MM diameter,can be sharp all on the disc or separated with straight lines or devided with avery anglePulveriser-Segments-A-1024x768.jpg
Recomand machines that can do that, time for resharp anything that can help

Attachments

• pulverizerseg.jpg
    pulverizerseg.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Segment-Design-Plastic-Pulverizer-Disc-Mill-Blade-1.jpg
    Segment-Design-Plastic-Pulverizer-Disc-Mill-Blade-1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 58
It doesn't look like it would be possible to re-grind those without disassembling the disc. The lay of the linear sections looks like it would intersect in some places, so impossible to do while it's assembled. The best approach may be to call the manufacturer and see about regrinds. If this is an impossibility then you'd probably be best served by looking into investing in something like a diamond roll dresser that dresses the wheel to the correct form in one go.

The time it would take for a regrind would be dependent on how badly worn the segments are and what equipment you use to grind and dress the wheel. If you can do a whole table load at once on a fairly large machine and use the roll dresser I should think the regrind of one disc worth of segments should be possible within 10 - 12 hours. On a small machine and with less efficient dressing or grinding techniques that time could go up an order of magnitude pretty easily.

CBN wheel

It doesn't look like it would be possible to re-grind those without disassembling the disc. The lay of the linear sections looks like it would intersect in some places, so impossible to do while it's assembled. The best approach may be to call the manufacturer and see about regrinds. If this is an impossibility then you'd probably be best served by looking into investing in something like a diamond roll dresser that dresses the wheel to the correct form in one go.

The time it would take for a regrind would be dependent on how badly worn the segments are and what equipment you use to grind and dress the wheel. If you can do a whole table load at once on a fairly large machine and use the roll dresser I should think the regrind of one disc worth of segments should be possible within 10 - 12 hours. On a small machine and with less efficient dressing or grinding techniques that time could go up an order of magnitude pretty easily.

I can do them also segment by segment,someone told me to use CBN wheel and gave me 2.5 minute per segment ( 9 lines total of aprox 800mm per segment)
I am interested also in what granulation type of CBN to use
The worn of the segment is about 0.5mm
The CBN wheel i was told can deliver the re-sharp in one pas per teeth
I a begenier in the abrasive industry so any help will help

Back