What's new
What's new

Robot machinery Co

China

Plastic
I have just purchased a surface grinder "Robot Machinery Co new York, can anybody shed any light on this comp. and it's machinery, only photo I have is way to big if I can make it small enough I will post photo

I just picked up a robot grinder too.
it looks alot like a B&S #2 grinder.
unfortunately the power feed is not working on mine.
I too would like some more info.
a simple diagram etc..

I have seen them, If I recall it looked like the Abrasive Machinery Co which looked like the B+S, not sure it wasn't. I wonder about the name because If it is the design I am thinking of it looked like a 40's design, probably before the word Robot entered popular use. I don't see any listing in the serial number books

China
I can't help you with your original question but I can offer you some interesting (to me) information about a Robot grinder. I first used it in 1953. The age of the machine is unknown. What a surprise I had when first opening the door at the bottom. Expecting a storage area I was astounded to see instead a giant vacuum tube glowing like a monster. When I say giant I mean giant. Maybe 2 feet tall. Apparently the grinder was powered with a DC motor and the vacuum tube was a rectifier? The machine was pretty well trashed but it could handle material a couple inches taller than the Parker Majestic grinders. It was kept around for that reason.
Gene

Back