What's new
What's new

Rockwell 23-200 grinder wiring

Butch25

Plastic
I have Rockwell 23-200 series grinder with a Rockwell 438-02-314-0186 motor. The motor has 5 leads. R,Bk,Y ,Br and a Black with a Y or w tracer. I can get it running on the 110 side with no capacitor or load. Load being no stones . Am having to get plates to put stones on is reason for no load.It is a split phase by all definitions .
I have (think) determined that the R-Bk is the start winding and the Br-Y is the run side.
Need a diagram or knowledge as to the exact schematic . Have determined that the switch will break the start side but haven't determined the Bk/Y or W tracer or for sure how to wire the capacitor in. Know the capacitor will , or surmise , be in series. Not really wanting to experiment . Want to be sure as much as possible to keep from burning it up, I don't need another boat anchor.
I see the grinders a few places on the net but cannot find any drawings.
Thanks for any help you may be able to give
Thank you, Butch25

David,
Thanks for the reply, the plate is there but it only gives the 110/220 options. I don't find the anything else except the series and serial number of the grinder itself that is on the other side of the motor.

Butch25

Sorry to take so long to get back to this. I found the electrical wiring diagrams specific to the Rockwell/Delta toolmaker grinder & have scanned them to a pdf file. I've submitted them to the owner of the Yahoo group for this machine. You can either join this group & have access to all the literature or you can send me your e-mail address & I'll send my scan to you. It's a little over 6 mb's.

David

Hello David, are you still out there? I am interested in resolving the same issue for my grinder- do you still have the wiring diagram?

Back