Rockwell 23-200 grinder wiring
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Rockwell 23-200 grinder wiring

I have Rockwell 23-200 series grinder with a Rockwell 438-02-314-0186 motor. The motor has 5 leads. R,Bk,Y ,Br and a Black with a Y or w tracer. I can get it running on the 110 side with no capacitor or load. Load being no stones . Am having to get plates to put stones on is reason for no load.It is a split phase by all definitions .
    I have (think) determined that the R-Bk is the start winding and the Br-Y is the run side.
    Need a diagram or knowledge as to the exact schematic . Have determined that the switch will break the start side but haven't determined the Bk/Y or W tracer or for sure how to wire the capacitor in. Know the capacitor will , or surmise , be in series. Not really wanting to experiment . Want to be sure as much as possible to keep from burning it up, I don't need another boat anchor.
    I see the grinders a few places on the net but cannot find any drawings.
    Thanks for any help you may be able to give
    Thank you, Butch25

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Butch25 View Post
    .I see the grinders a few places on the net but cannot find any drawings.
    Rockwell put their motors out to bid every three years but no matter the manufacture, there was always a wiring diagram on the motor plate. Is yours missing?

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

David,
    Thanks for the reply, the plate is there but it only gives the 110/220 options. I don't find the anything else except the series and serial number of the grinder itself that is on the other side of the motor.

Butch25

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry to take so long to get back to this. I found the electrical wiring diagrams specific to the Rockwell/Delta toolmaker grinder & have scanned them to a pdf file. I've submitted them to the owner of the Yahoo group for this machine. You can either join this group & have access to all the literature or you can send me your e-mail address & I'll send my scan to you. It's a little over 6 mb's.

David

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello David, are you still out there? I am interested in resolving the same issue for my grinder- do you still have the wiring diagram?