What's new
What's new

Starsbaugh 10J grinder/saw

specfab

Titanium
My company recently bought some equipment at auction, including a Strasbaugh 10J saw/grinding machine. I would like to get my hands on a manual and parts list/service book if possible. Strasbaugh has morphed into a much more linited company in terms of the equipment spectrum that they build and support, compared to "last century", so 3rd party sources are now the requirement, I believe.

Any help with links or other direction would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rob F. -- email is sent. Looks like he could be a good resource, if willing.

Thanks, Rob F. -- email is sent. Looks like he could be a good resource, if willing.
Let me know if you can not get a hold of him. I heard he is the entire strasbaugh "optics" and other "old machines" department. Based out of an ocean container behind a local ice company. For a while if you called the main strasbaugh HQ they would pass along his info, maybe they still do??
I know a machine shop that did work for him on occasion and they should have his contact info. They recently moved out of the area so it would be a challenge to find easily though.

Rob F.,
I did drop an email late Friday to the support group at Revasum, thinking perhaps I could get a referral of some sort. We'll see where that goes. I am surprised that I didn't come up with this lead in doing a Google search on several previous occasions. I figured there HAS to be someone out there with a lot of historical info and knowledge about these machines, as many of them as there still are doing optics fabrication.

Thanks again for the help --

How old is the machine you have? I want to remember the serial number is also month and year. Another clue might be color the last ones made were white, most were a blue color. For a long time the inside of the cabinet would be signed and dated by the guy who assembled the machine. Post a picture or two if you get a chance.

Back