What's new
What's new

T&C grinder standard specs

Damien W

Stainless
This is just an excuse to post some data out of my recently arrived manual. I hope the boss can accept/tolerate the large file size. Anything smaller and the text would be unreadable?

Any suggestions as to how to achieve the same results more economically of bandwidth (whatever that is), if I can be instructed clearly, certainly I'll give it a go.

JonesandShipmanmodel310toolandcutte.jpg

I would like to post pictures about the accessories both standard and optional because that is where the action is. Where the grinding wheel hits the tarmac if I may paraphrase in a somewhat confusing way.

After a look I think it would still be readable with a size reduction so I'll see if I can achieve that, but with photobucket when you go for a reduced size you can't go back. Right? I'll await some comment maybe?

There are lots of questions here I just haven't dreamed them up yet.

Damien,

Your file size isn't really too bad, only 150kb. But JPG format isn't the best choice for black & white stuff like this (even the photo is just a bunch of black dots of differing sizes, a process called half-toning). The JPG format you used stores each pixel as 24 bits of data, but it's able to compress things like the white space otherwise the file would be huge; there's no need to store color data for a black & white image.

Try scanning the page in black & white, 1 bit per pixel mode. You might have to play around with your scanner settings to get the text to look good. Some scanner software has special settings for half-toned photos. And save it in GIF format. I played around with your image a little and was able to reduce it from 150 to 26kb by converting it to a black & white GIF file.

Cal

Thanks for your thoughts and efforts Cal.

I wear very large "L" plates when venturing into new computer activity.

I would like to see much more information posted in that special forum at the bottom of the main page just for this sort of thing. Instructions with examples and the opportunity to ask questions when it doesn't work for me might make me less hesitant in venturing into this area of doubt.

When I saved the scanned image to photobucket I chose 15" screen size thinking it would be big enough to read the text. At the time photobucket suggested the file size was greater than 5Mb. At least your advice of a file size of ~125kb is a lot better. I'll certainly bear your comments in mind next time.

Back