What's new
What's new

Is there such a thing as Self-Adhesive Sanding Pad That is Waterproof?

#5 ii Alive!

Aluminum
Hello. I don't think what I need exists, but you guys know a lot more than me.

I'm in need of a self-adhesive sanding paper that is also waterproof. Does such a thing exist? Hook and loop won't work because it has too much give.

Here's an example from Amazon of something that would be perfect, if it was waterproof.

Sackorange 60 PCS 6-Inch NO-Hole PSA Aluminum Oxide Sanding Disc, Self Stick(10 Each of 80 100 120 180 240 400): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

YqHf9Ip.jpg

Below is what I'm using now. It works perfectly, except when it wears out I have to buy a whole new disc, which costs at least $10.00. The material I'm sanding MUST be done with water, cannot be sanded dry. uxcell 6 inches Stone Granite Diamond Grinding Wheel Disc 400 Grit 1/2 inches Arbor Hole: Power Grinder Accessories: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
jzGeLPp.jpg

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Hello. I don't think what I need exists, but you guys know a lot more than me.

I'm in need of a self-adhesive sanding paper that is also waterproof. Does such a thing exist? Hook and loop won't work because it has too much give.

Here's an example from Amazon of something that would be perfect, if it was waterproof.

Sackorange 60 PCS 6-Inch NO-Hole PSA Aluminum Oxide Sanding Disc, Self Stick(10 Each of 80 100 120 180 240 400): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

YqHf9Ip.jpg

Below is what I'm using now. It works perfectly, except when it wears out I have to buy a whole new disc, which costs at least $10.00. The material I'm sanding MUST be done with water, cannot be sanded dry. uxcell 6 inches Stone Granite Diamond Grinding Wheel Disc 400 Grit 1/2 inches Arbor Hole: Power Grinder Accessories: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
jzGeLPp.jpg

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

One option......

https://www.amazon.com/Dura-Gold-Stickyback-Sandpaper-Automotive-Woodworking/dp/B07DTFSMT1

You want to look for plastic film back!

Kevin

Here are the specs from the link that say it is for dry use, you use it wet with no problems? How long can you leave the paper wet before it falls off?

3M Part Number: 01203
UPC: 51131012035
Case Quantity: -------------------------
Case Inner Pack: 75 discs per roll
Diameter: 6 inch (152 mm)
Performance Level: Better
Backing:A Weight Paper
Hole Design: No Holes
Grade: P400 Grit
Product Form: Abrasive Disc
Packaged Form: Rolled
Sanding Surface: Clear Coat, Fiberglass, Paint, Plastic, Primer
Abrasive Mineral: Aluminum Oxide
Attachment Method: Stikit
Sanding Method: Hand, Machine
Wet or Dry: Dry

I have a kitchen restaurant sink in my shop. I have a motorized
aluminum disk Looks like a turntable you could play records on. Located under under the faucet. I use the Gold 3m stikit discs.
The disk must be dry for the sandpaper to stick to it . I dry it with a paper towel After its stuck on the plate water can't get under it.
. Stick it on turn on the machine then turn on the water .I have a dc motor on it I can adjust up to 2500rpm.
With the water running while sanding the parts washes away the
swarf. I never have a problem with the sand paper not sticking
In fact if I don't take the paper off after using it and let it sit overnight I have a hard time getting it off have to use acetone to get the glue off.

Back